What Did You Miss at the Legislative Conference?
Mailers Hub and the National Association of Advertising Distributors jointly held a Legislative Affairs Conference on April 6-7 in Alexandria VA. This was the first such collaborative venture, and represents another development in the groups’ strategic partnership.
Presentations over the two-day meeting covered both postal issues and legislative developments, offering attendees first-hand information from executives with direct knowledge and experience with the issues.
On Thursday, speakers included:
- Leo Raymond, Mailers Hub, presenting an overview of USPS revenue and volume, as well as current initiatives and proposals impacting mailing service providers.
- Amanda Vacarro, Jackson Lewis, offering a summary of legislative changes in health care and human services affecting employers.
- Sharon Owens, USPS VP Pricing and Costing, explaining the influences on postal costs that drive postage rates, and proposals under consideration for future price change filings.
Friday’s speakers included:
- Ron Stroman, USPS Deputy Postmaster General, offering the Postal Service’s perspective on current postal reform legislation recently approved by a House committee.
- Ken Garner, IDEAlliance, presenting the industry’s views on postal reform legislation.
- David Williams, former USPS Inspector General, offering insights on the challenges and opportunities now before the Postal Service.
- Robert Taub, Postal Regulatory Commission chairman, presenting the commission’s perspective on legislation and other matters impacting the Postal Service.
Mailers Hub and NAAD are planning another conference for October in Providence, RI. Stay tuned to Mailers Hub for details this summer.